Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
The most festive time of the year wouldn’t be complete without a Christmas fruit cake. Perfect to serve on Christmas day, or as a Christmas gift, this recipe will not leave you disappointed.
1kg mixed fruit
250g unsalted butter
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon treacle
1/4 cup white sugar
1 3/4 Cup Plain flour
1/2 Teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pre-heat oven to 150 Degrees. Line a deep round or square pan with baking paper, bringing the paper above the edge of the cake pan.
- Combine fruit, butter, brandy and water in the pan and stir over heat until the butter is melted and sugar has disolved. Bring to a boil and reduce heat- simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool until it is at room temperature.
- Stir in the treacle and eggs, then stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture evenly in the pan. Place glazed cherries and almonds over the top of the cake for decoration.
- Bake in oven for approximately 2-2.5 hours. Cover hot cake in aluminium foil and cool.
Of course if you aren’t a fruit cake lover The Greek Club have plenty of Greek sweets and biscuits to serve. Give us a call on 3844 1166 for more information.